Transport and parking

Special permits


Further information


  • A parking permit does not guarantee a parking bay
  • Notes on vehicles are not accepted as a valid permit
  • It is in your interest to read all signage
  • Temporary permits are available


For parking enquiries try askUWA or contact the UniPark Office, telephone (+61 8) 6488 1229.

    Campus map

The special permits include accessible, official business and reserved bay parking permits.

  1. ACROD and accessible parking permits
  2. Official business parking permits
  3. Reserved bay parking permits

ACROD and accessible parking permits

A vehicle may only park in an accessible bay with an ACROD or UWA accessible parking permit. A short-term permit for use in accessible bays may be issued in the case of illness or injury, on presentation of an authorisation letter:

  • In the case of staff, the University Safety and Health Senior Occupational Therapist must approve staff applications.
  • In the case of students, the University Disabilities Officer must approve all applications for a short term disabled Parking Authority Permit.

There are accessible bays in car parks 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 15, 16, 18, 19, 22, 25, 30, 31, 33, 34, 37, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 and 45.

If there are no vacant accessible bays, ACROD and accessible parking permit holders may park in any vacant red (staff), or yellow (student), parking permit area.

ACROD and accessible parking permit holders who park in long or short-term pay and display areas must purchase and display a ticket from the vending machine. You are permitted to park for twice the period shown on the ticket.

UWA accessible parking permits are not valid for use in accessible bays located outside University grounds.

Back to top

Official business permits

Visiting lecturers and guests

Official business permits for visiting lecturers and guests are available from faculty, school or sub-unit administration staff.

Students, Staff (including Casual Staff, Temporary Staff and Employment Agency Staff), Contractors, Examiners and Invigilators are NOT eligible for Official Business Permits.

They should be issued in advance (by mail) to visiting lecturers and guests, and are valid for one day only.

So that visiting lecturers or guests of the University do not receive a parking infringement, it is the responsibility of the faculty, school or sub-unit to inform them of the parking regulations and where to park their vehicles.

The faculty, school or sub-unit may obtain official business permits in batches (10 permits) from UniPark.

The cost of an official business permit is $35.00 (per batch of 10 permits).

The official business permit must be displayed on the dash of vehicle so that the details can be seen from the outside of the vehicle. An infringement will be issued if the permit is out of date or has been altered.

A record sheet is provided by UniPark to Faculties, Schools or Sub Units to record the details of official business permits which have been issued. The Faculty, School or Sub Unit is accountable for all permits.

Parking space on campus is limited and the possession of an official business permit does not guarantee that a bay will be available - it only entitles the holder to search for a vacant red staff or pay and display parking bay.

An official business permit may not be used in yellow student, Maintenance, Loading, disabled, reserved or carpooling bays. 

Please note – These permits are year specific.  They will expire at the end of the year printed on the permit unless authorised by Unipark.  No refunds will be given for unused permits.

Departmental use only - payment of permits and infringements transaction form 


Back to top


Reserved bay permits

A reserved bay entitles the specified vehicle to park in a specified bay.

A reserved bay may be allocated to a department or business on campus when there is a demonstrated need.

Written applications are to be forwarded to the UniPark manager for consideration.

Back to top